Refreshingly Fruity Granita
Makes about 8 serves.
- 5 Tetley Twists Forest Fruits with a Twist of Apple tea bags
- 1L water
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries, plus extra for serving
- To a heatproof jug or bowl, add 5 Forest Fruits with a Twist of Apple tea bags and 1L boiling water, and allow to steep for 5 minutes before removing the bags. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Blend the berries for a few seconds – they should still be a bit rough. Add to tea in bowl and stir well.
- Transfer the fruit and tea mixture to a large metal baking dish and place in the freezer.
- Every 10 minutes, stir the mixture with a fork to prevent it freezing. Larger, rough ice crystal should begin to form.
- Once the granita has reached a granule consistency, with no more liquid, it’s ready to be served or stored!
- To serve, carefully scoop granita mix into small bowls or glasses. Garnish with a few extra berries.
- To store, scoop into sealed container and place back in freezer for up to two weeks!
- To increase the amount of serves, simply add more water and teabags (1 tea bag per 250ml water).
- Perfect for a festive, Summer party: just increase the ingredients and make in advance for a stress-free dessert!