Salmon with Fragrant Couscous
- 6 Tetley Twists Passionfruit with Twist of Hibiscus tea bags
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup couscous
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Black pepper, ground
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of ½ orange
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 fresh skinless salmon fillets, 200g each, boned
- 1 lime cut into 8 wedges
- ½ bunch coriander, coarsely chopped
- 4 handfuls fresh rocket leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange, sliced with skin on
To make concentrate:
- Boil 1 1/2 cups water and add 5 Tetley Twists Passionfruit with a Twist of Hibiscus tea bags.
- Leave to steep for 7 minutes, then taste. It should be a strong concentrate.
- Mix ½ cup tea concentrate with 2 tablespoons chopped coriander.
- Pour over salmon fillets to marinate.
- Cover and refrigerate for minimum of 1 hour.
To make couscous:
- In a saucepan placed over low heat, sauté slivered almonds, shallots and thyme in 1 tablespoon olive oil until golden (2-3 minutes).
- Add sea salt, orange juice and 1 cup Tetley tea concentrate and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat. Add couscous and cover tightly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir gently with a fork to separate grains and fluff couscous.
- Stir in coriander, orange zest, 1 teaspoon butter, sea salt and pepper.
- Cover until ready to serve.
To cook salmon:
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan until very hot.
- Lift salmon from the marinade, adding to the hot pan.
- Cook 2 minutes, gently turn and cook further 2-3 minutes until still pink in the middle.
- Toss rocket in a little olive oil, place a handful on each plate.
- Spoon the couscous in the middle of the rocket, top with the salmon fillet.
- Sprinkle with a little of the chopped coriander, add 2 lime wedges to the side and serve.
- Couscous can be made ahead and reheated in the microwave.
- Salmon should still be pink in the middle; make sure to not overcook it.