Salmon with Fragrant Couscous
- 6 Tetley “Twists” Passionfruit with Twist of Hibiscus tea bags
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup couscous
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Black pepper, ground
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of ½ orange
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 fresh skinless salmon fillets, 200g each, boned
To plate up:
- 1 lime cut into 8 wedges
- ½ bunch coriander, coarsely chopped
- 4 handfuls fresh rocket leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange, sliced with skin on
To make concentrate:
- Boil 11/2 cups water, add 5 Tetley Passionfruit, Cinnamon tea bags.
- Leave to steep 7 minutes then taste, it should be a strong concentrate.
- Mix ½ cup tea concentrate with 2 tablespoons chopped coriander.
- Pour marinade over salmon fillets.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour- more if time allows.
To make couscous:
- In a saucepan placed over low heat, sauté slivered almonds, shallots and thyme in 1 tablespoon olive oil until golden (2-3 minutes).
- Add sea salt, orange juice and 1 cup Tetley tea concentrate and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat. Add couscous and cover tightly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir gently with a fork to separate grains and fluff couscous.
- Stir in coriander and orange zest, 1 teaspoon butter, sea salt and pepper.
- Cover til plating up. Can be transferred and reheated in the microwave for later plating.
To cook salmon:
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan until very hot.
- Lift salmon from the marinade, adding to the hot pan.
- Cook 2 minutes, gently turn and cook further 2-3 minutes. (salmon should be still pink in the middle so don’t overcook.)
- Toss rocket in a little olive oil, place a handful on each plate.
- Spoon the couscous in the middle of the rocket, top with the salmon fillet.
- Sprinkle with a little of the chopped coriander, add 2 lime wedges to the side and serve.