Tetley Cinnamon Orange Quinoa with Apple, Goat Cheese and Pecans
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 7 Tetley Twists Cinnamon Orange tea bags
- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed with cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried currants or cranberries
- 1/4 cup goats cheese, crumbled, or
- Natural yogurt, to serve
- Pour the water into saucepan; bring to the boil.
- Add 6 tea bags and remove from heat. Steep, covered, for 7 minutes. Squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible, discard tea bags.
- Stir in quinoa and salt. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered for 10 to 12 minutes or until quinoa is tender and has absorbed all the liquid. Let stand, covered for 15 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Meanwhile, steep one Tetley Twists Cinnamon Orange tea bag for 5 minutes in ¼ cup boiling water.
- Add cranberries or currants, leave 10 minutes to soak up the tea. Drain excess tea.
- Shake oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and pepper in a jar until combined.
- Add to quinoa and stir. Add apple, celery, shallot parsley pecans and cranberries, stir.
- Season with sea salt and ground pepper
- Divide among 4 plates. Scatter over goat cheese or yogurt.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Red or white quinoa can be used but red gives a rich ruby colour.
- Substitute crumbled feta cheese for the goat cheese if desired.
- This recipe can be doubled and sprinkled with parsley leaves to be served on a buffet with other shared salads.
- Cooked quinoa can be frozen. These extra serves make healthy lunches.
- Quinoa is gluten-free.