- 1 2/3 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250g unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 3 bags Tetley ” Twists” Cinnamon Orange tea bags
- 1 orange, peel zested
- 2 tablespoons 35% whipping cream
- 1 bag – Tetley “Twists” Cinnamon Orange tea bag
- 1 cup icing sugar sifted
- Stir plain flour with cornflour and salt until combined; set aside.
- Place butter, icing sugar and castor sugar in a separate bowl.
- Open tea bags and add leaves to bowl with orange zest.
- Beat gently until light and fluffy in either mixer or processor.
- Add flour mixture beating on low just until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into two portions and form into 4 cm square or round shaped logs.
- Wrap and chill for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to slice easily.
- If shaping into a square you may need to square up after say 15 minutes in the refrigerator as the mixture is very soft to start with.
- Preheat oven to170°C. Line baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cut each log into 7mm thick slices and place 2cm apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, in batches, for 15 to 20 minutes or until pale golden on the bottom. Cool completely on a rack.
- In microwave, heat cream for 30 seconds or until steaming.
- Open tea bag and add leaves to cream. Stir and steep for 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir in icing sugar until smooth.
- Spoon into resealable plastic bag; snip a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Place rack over a tray and drizzle glaze in a zig-zag over the shortbread.
- Let stand for 20-30 minutes or until the glaze is set.
- When icing is set, store in an airtight container in a single layer. Shortbreads keep several days.
- If shortbreads feel soft when cutting them, pop baking sheet into the fridge or freezer for 5 to 10 minutes before baking.
- Hold trays of sliced cookie dough in the fridge between batches.