Tetley Cinnamon Orange Shortbreads
- 1 2/3 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 3 Tetley Twists Cinnamon Orange tea bags
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 1 Tetley Twists Cinnamon Orange tea bag
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- Stir plain flour with cornflour and salt until combined; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, place butter, icing sugar, orange zest and castor sugar.
- Open tea bags and add the tea leaves to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Beat gently with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add flour mixture, beating on low just until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into two portions and form into 4 cm square or round shaped logs.
- Wrap and chill for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to slice easily.
- If shaping into a square, the mixture may need 15-20 minutes in the fridge until the dough firms up slightly, before moulding.
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cut each log into 7mm thick slices and place 2cm apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, in batches, for 15 to 20 minutes or until pale golden on the bottom. Cool completely on a rack.
- In microwave, heat cream for 30 seconds or until steaming.
- Open tea bag and add leaves to cream. Stir and steep for 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir in icing sugar until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag.
- Once cooled, place a tray under the cooling rack and drizzle glaze in a zig-zag over the shortbread.
- Let stand for 20-30 minutes or until the glaze is set.
- Once set, store in an airtight container in a single layer. Shortbreads will keep several days.
- If the shortbreads feel soft when cutting them, pop baking sheet into the fridge or freezer for 5 to 10 minutes before baking.
- Hold trays of sliced cookie dough in the fridge between batches.
- If you don't have any piping bags, snip the corner off a zip-locked bag for a good substitute.