Tetley Lime Ginger Toffee Nuts
- 4 Tetley Twists Lime and Ginger tea bags
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups mixed nuts such as almonds, pecans, cashews, macadamias
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Open tea bags and remove leaves. Set aside. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat sugar and water in a small frypan (30 cm) set over medium heat. Cook, stirring and swirling pan occasionally for 4- 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture boils.
- Add nuts, tea and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or till nuts are well coated and pan is completely dry.
- Spoon onto a lined baking sheet. Cool completely.
- When completely cooled, break into small nut clusters.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Will keep for a week if airtight.
- A perfect gift when presented in a jar with a label and ribbon or string.
- An easy way to clean the pan is to fill it with water and return to the boil. Tip out water and the pan will be clean.